Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer
Pasadena & Downey Criminal Defense Attorneys
About the Firm
Our head trial attorney is an experienced and dedicated lawyer who has handled more than 2000 felony and misdemeanor cases. He previously worked as a deputy district attorney. He has also successfully represented clients accused of crimes ranging from assault with a deadly weapon, assault and battery, armed robbery, carjacking, drunk driving, drug possession and sales, murder, attempted murder, rape, sodomy, forced oral copulation, child molestation, lewd conduct, and indecent exposure to name a few.
He received his Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice from Cal State Los Angeles in 1988.
At Cal State L.A. he received the highest criminal justice achievement award, the Rosalyn Jung and Mayor Jack Tyrell scholarships. He is also the recipient of the prestigious "Criminal Justice Leadership Award" from the California Contract Cities Association, representing mayors, council members, and city managers from 72 California cities that contract for police services with the Sheriff's Department.
He received his law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 1991, during which time the university was ranked top 20 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. During law school he worked at the California Attorney General's Office Criminal Division and was a judicial intern to the Honorable Presiding Justice Harry Low of the California Court of Appeals.
Among his other achievements, one of the appeals that was won was certified for publication by the California Court of Appeals. This means that the case decision was of significant importance to merit publication to be available to all California law libraries.
He has also been recognized by members of the California State Legislature and the United State Congress by receiving the following awards:
• California Legislature Assembly Resolution from the Honorable Richard Polanco.
• State Senate Certificate of Recognition from the Honorable Art Torres
• State Assembly Certificate of Recognition from the Honorable Diane Martinez
• State Assembly Certificate of Recognition from the Honorable Joseph Montoya
• State Assembly Certificate of Recognition from the Honorable Charles Calderon
• United States Congress Certificate of Recognition from the Honorable Xavier Becerra
• United States Congress Certificate of Recognition from the Honorable David Drier
• Outstanding Young Man of America